The "Vancouver 2010 Olympic Games" Associate Sweepstakes is sponsored by Hudson's Bay Company (Hbc) (the "Sponsor"). The Contest begins at 12:01 AM (ET) on January 15, 2008 and ends at 11:59 PM (ET) on July 1, 2008 (the "Contest Period").
There will be one (1) Grand Prize available to be won consisting of a four (4) day and three (3) night Olympic Hospitality Package provided by CoSport, the Official Ticket and Hospitality Package Agent for the Canadian Olympic Committee. The Package for two (2) to the first cycle of the 2010 Olympic Games in Vancouver, British Columbia includes:
- return economy airfare departing from the Canadian international airport nearest the winner's residence to Vancouver International Airport (departure and destination airports, carrier and airline ticket class to be chosen by the Sponsor in its sole discretion);
- three (3) nights accommodation at a four star hotel property in the city of Vancouver (to be selected by CoSport), in a standard room, based on double occupancy (winner and guest check-in will take place on February 11, 2010 and checkout will take place on February 14, 2010);
- two (2) category A tickets to the Olympic Games Opening Ceremonies (one (1) ticket for each of the winner and his/her guest, for a total of two (2) ceremony tickets);
- two (2) category A seating tickets to two (2) Olympic sporting events, to be selected by the sponsor (two (2) tickets for each of the winner and his/her guest, for a total of four (4) sporting event tickets (actual events will be selected by the Sponsor upon release of the event schedule by the Vancouver Organizing Committee for the 2010 Olympic Winter Games);
- for each of the winner and his/her guest, three (3) breakfasts, one (1) lunch and two (2) dinners at the hotel (or at restaurants to be selected by the sponsor). Specific meal schedule subject to change based on final package event schedule; and
- $500.00 CAD spending money for the winner.
The total approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $12,000 CAD based on a Toronto, ON departure. Actual retail value may vary depending on city of departure.
The winner and his/her travel guest must each have proof of valid travel documents prior to ticketing and the right to travel. The winner and his/her travel guest must travel on the same itinerary and are responsible for ground transfers to and from the winner's or travelling guest's residence and designated airport. All other expenses not specified herein, including but not limited to: airport taxes, ground transportation, telephone or fax charges, gratuities, meals, optional tours, insurance, medical travel documents, personal expenses, stadium suites, hotel incidentals, photography, video, film, special entertainment, optional activities, and any other costs not specifically stated herein as being included, are the sole responsibility of the winner and his/her guest. No frequent flyer miles will be available for this trip.
Travel must be completed during the dates specified or the Grand Prize will be forfeited.
The Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded without substitution and is not transferable and has no cash surrender value. The Sponsor reserves the right, in the event that the Grand Prize or any component of the Grand Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason, to substitute a similar Grand Prize or component of the Grand Prize of equal or greater value without liability.
HOW TO ENTER
No purchase is required. There are two (2) ways to enter during the Contest Period:
- log onto hbcrunforcanada.ca or visit any Hbc retail affiliate during the Contest Period (excluding Fields) and secure an official event pledge form to begin fundraising for the Hbc Run for Canada.
Fundraisers must secure a minimum of $100 CAD in donations in order to enter the Contest. For every additional $100 CAD in donations secured (above the minimum $100 CAD donation), each fundraiser will receive one (1) additional entry into the Contest. Fundraising Donation Form(s) must be returned at any of the fifteen Hbc Run for Canada events or to any Hbc retail affiliate store on or before July 1, 2008. If fundraisers are unable to submit donation forms prior to July 1, 2008, please mail your Donation Form(s) with credit card payment, cheque or money order to "Hbc Run for Canada', P.O. Box 3050, Station D, Etobicoke, Ontario M5A 4X5 (please do not mail cash) by July 15, 2008.
- To enter the Contest without completing an official registration entry form, send an original, unpublished, hand-written, minimum 250-word essay on the importance of supporting Canadian athletics to "Vancouver 2010 Olympic Games" Associate Sweepstakes , 401 Bay Street, Suite 1410, Toronto, Ontario, M5H 2Y4, during the Contest Period. Your entry must be mailed in a separate envelope bearing sufficient postage and received at the above address by no later than 10:00 a.m. (ET) on July 15, 2008. Maximum one essay entry per person per day. Each no purchase entry must be accompanied by an original, unpublished, hand-written essay.
To be eligible, you must be a resident of Canada over the age of majority in your province or territory of residence, and you must be an associate of Hbc or a subsidiary or affiliate of Hbc, including Zellers, the Bay, Home Outfitters, Deals Outlet.com, Designer Depot and Fields, from January 15, 2008 to August 15, 2008.
A random draw will be held on August 15, 2008 at 10:00 AM (ET) in Toronto, ON from among all eligible entries received. You do not need to be present at the draw in order to win. Odds of being selected depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The selected entrants will be contacted by mail or telephone within ten (10) business days of the draw date. Before being declared a winner, each selected entrant must first correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question posed by mail or telephone at a mutually convenient time. Each selected entrant (and, in the case of the Grand Prize, his/her guest (or, if the guest is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian)) will also be required to sign a declaration and release form confirming compliance with the Contest rules, acceptance of his/her prize as awarded, without substitution, and releasing the Sponsor, its affiliated and related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, the independent contest organization and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability in connection with his/her prize or this Contest. Duly completed declaration and release forms must be returned within the time period specified on the declaration and release forms or the prize will be forfeited. If a selected entrant cannot be contacted by mail or telephone within ten (10) days of the draw date or if a package sent via mail is returned as undeliverable, said selected entrant will be disqualified and another entrant will be randomly selected until such time as contact is made by mail or telephone with a selected entrant or there are no more eligible entries, whichever comes first. The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected entrant. The prizes will be awarded to the first three entrants whose entries are randomly drawn, who have correctly answered the time-limited mathematical skill-testing question, and who otherwise comply with the Contest rules.
If a selected entrant cannot use or chooses not to use any portion of the his/her prize, that portion of the prize will be deemed to be forfeited and no substitution or other compensation will be awarded.OTHER RULES
The decisions of the Sponsor will be final and binding on all entrants. The Sponsor shall not bear any liability for (a) Contest entries which are lost, stolen, delayed, destroyed, or illegible, incomplete or otherwise improperly completed, (b) the loss, theft or misuse of a prize or any portion thereof, or (c) any property damage, personal injury or misfortune in any way attributable to this Contest or a prize. Personal information provided by entrants will be used to administer the Contest, and will not be used for any other reason. However, by entering, each entrant grants the Sponsor the right to use his or her name and/or likeness, without further compensation or notice, in any advertising or publicity if declared a winner.
The Sponsor reserves the right, with the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux in the Province of Québec, to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the online portion of the Contest is not capable of running as planned, the Sponsor reserves the right, with the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, to cancel the online portion of the Contest and conduct the draw from all previously received eligible entries. The Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any problems, errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including but not limited to, any damage to an entrant's computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of the entrant's participation in this Contest.
For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.