Label and file participants’ bags and personal items inside the baggage tent while they are running/walking. Volunteers are responsible for protecting these items until the participants return from their events and claim their possessions.
- Arrive at 6:00am and go directly to the Volunteer tent to sign in and pick you your volunteer shirt. You must sign the attendance sheet in order to be eligible for the 2008 Contest
- The proceed to the Baggage tent to meet your Volunteer Team Captain
- The tent will be open on one side, with ‘walls’ covering the other sides
- Set up 2 tables at the entrance of the tent
- Set up 3-7 tables lined-up, side-by-side, with space to walk in between
- Label the tables with masking tape to read: “A to F”, “G to L”, etc
- Greet the public from the tables at the entrance
- Write the participant’s first initial and last name on masking tape and place tape on item (knap-sack, gym bag, etc). If item is loose, please place in plastic bag and label
- File the item alphabetically at the assigned table
- IMPORTANT: Please ensure that all items are placed on tables and safe from the elements; do not place on the ground. Please ensure that no one enters the Baggage tent other than the assigned volunteers
- Inform the participants that the baggage check is open from 6:30am – 12:00pm
- Your job will be finished at 11:30am but we ask that you stay a bit longer to help with the tear-down of the event
Please call your Local Marketing Coordinator if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you for your time and participation. The Hbc Run for Canada is very grateful for your support!