Formation Area Water/Food Station
Assist with the organization and distribution of post-race food and beverages to all event participants in the formation area near the finish line.
- Arrive at 6:30am and go directly to the Volunteer tent to check in. You must sign the attendance sheet in order to be eligible for the 2008 Contest. You will then be given a volunteer shirt and directed where to go
- Set up 1-2 tables for display and serving and the other tables will be used to replenish the serving table
- IMPORTANT: at NO time should any food items be stored on the ground; please assure that food is kept out of the sun and away from the elements
- Food should only be distributed starting after the 10K run (approximately 8:30am)
- Please hand food items to participants as we do not want people reaching into food items with their bare hands
- Please distribute no more than 1 item each (i.e. 1 apple, 1 bagel, 1 granola bar, etc…) to ensure there is enough food for participants who finish later scheduled events
- Water and sport drink should be poured into cups and handed out to people as they come by
- Bottled water may be given to people at this time too
- Please make sure that only Hbc RFC participants receive food; not family, friends, spectators and the general public
- Please remember to congratulate participants on their finishes; thank them for participating in the Hbc Run for Canada, etc…
- Once the last of the participants has passed by the food stations and you have been directed to so by your Volunteer Team Captain, you can commence tear down
- Please consolidate all food by item into the minimum amount of boxes possible
- Please keep boxed items on table, under tents until collected by Organizers
- Please gather all garbage and bag and set aside; please break down all boxes and set aside. Please remember to wear latex gloved when handling garbage
- Once food has been removed, please fold tables and set aside
- Your job will be finished at 11:30am but we ask that you stay a bit longer to help with the tear-down of the event
Please call your Local Marketing Coordinator if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you for your time and participation. The Hbc Run for Canada is very grateful for your support!