Assist with the distribution of 2-way radios, medals, awards materials, etc. to different groups. You will also help answer questions regarding the agenda for the day and other questions from the general public.
- Arrive at 5:45am and go directly to the Volunteer tent to check in. You must sign the attendance sheet in order to be eligible for the 2008 Contest. You will then be given a volunteer shirt and directed where to the Headquarters tent
- At the Headquarters tent you will review your responsibilities with the Volunteer Team Captain
- You will make note of all important materials so that they are readily accessible to you for distribution;
- As requested by your staff member, you will assist with the signing in and return of 2-way radios and safety vests
- You will pass over 1K, 3K and 10K medals to Finish Line volunteers for distribution; you will receive back all surplus medals
- IMPORTANT: items in your tent are valuable and crucial to the event; at no time should you leave items unattended or allow the general public into your tent
- At completion of the event, please ensure that ALL radios have been returned and accounted for. If a radio is missing please inform the Race Director of the name of the volunteer whose radio is outstanding
- Please organize all returned items in small, compact piles. Please ensure that all boxes are labeled with contents
- Please collect and bag all garbage in your area
- Please do not leave tent until all materials have been removed by Organizers
- Your job will be finished at 12:00pm
Please call your Local Marketing Coordinator if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you for your time and participation. The Hbc Run for Canada is very grateful for your support!