This group of 6 - 8 individuals will serve as the “back-bone” of course preparation and tear-down. They will deliver and set up all course signage and water station materials. They will also assist with the preparation and tear-down of the Formation area and Start / Finish Lines.
June 30 Arrival:
- Crew will arrive on June 30 at a time designated by the Race Director
- They will assist with all set up for the event including but not limited to start/finish line set up, tent set up, tables and chairs distribution, and banner placement
- Crew will drive through the course with the Race Director to discuss the details for event day material distribution and set up
- Crew will arrive along with Organizers at 5am (4:30am in Ottawa / 5:30am in AP)
- Go directly to the Volunteer Tent to sign in, meet the Race Director and pick up Volunteer shirt. You must sign the attendance sheet in order to be eligible for the 2008 Contest
- Review all logistic details with Race Director
- Ensure that all course signage and water station materials have been packed in cube truck (the night before)
- Drop off water station materials at formation water station (if not done before) – then commence a systematic set-up of course signage and water station material deliveries (Race Director to oversee)
- Once this is completed, they will return to the Formation area or Start / Finish Lines to assist with last preparations before the start of the events
- As per the Event Schedule, tear-down of the course will follow the last runners – to remove course signage and water station materials
- Once course is torn down, Crew will return to Formation area or Start / Finish Lines to assist with general tear-down and tidying-up of venue
- Work boots / comfortable, “safe” shoes
- Sun-screen, sun glasses
- Appropriate leg-wear (work pants, shorts)
Please call your Local Marketing Coordinator if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you for your time and participation. The Hbc Run for Canada is very grateful for your support!