Start Line / Medal Presenter Volunteers
Assist with setting up the barricades, signage and start/finish arches, help organize participants at the start line and organize medals for distribution.
- Arrive at 6:00am and go directly to the Volunteer tent to check in. You must sign the attendance sheet in order to be eligible for the 2008 Contest. You will then be given a volunteer shirt and directed where to go.
- Ensure that everything is set up and ready to go in the Start/Finish line area.
- Ensure that participants are gathered within the Start Chute and are stepping behind the timing mats at the start of each event
- Once the runners have started the 10K run, all 10K medals are to be retrieved from Headquarters tent and prepared for distribution
- Hand the medals to the Run for Canada athletes so they can give them to the finishers as they cross the finish line
- At the discretion of the LMC and Event Manager, if there are not enough athletes on event day to distribute medals then other volunteers may be asked to help hand out medals to finishers
- Take all surplus medals back to the Headquarters tent at the end of each
- At the end of the event please remove all banners from the barricades; disconnect the barricades from one another; move barricades to side of road / path in one collective pile.
- As instructed by Race Director / Organizers, take inventory of all signage and pack it up in the cube truck
- Once timing chips have been removed from ALL the 10K participants, they will be delivered immediately to the Chip Timing Company.
- All chairs, benches and crates used for chip removal, will be gathered and left in a collective pile for pick-up by Rental Company or loaded into the Cube truck.
- ALL related garbage – plastic ties, cups, etc that are found in your area must be collected and bagged in garbage bags. Please wear latex gloves when collecting garbage
- Your job is finished at 11:30 am but we would appreciate it if you could stay to help with the tear down of the event.
Please review the Hbc Run for Canada website to acquaint yourself with the event details: hbcrunforcanada.ca
Please call your Local Marketing Coordinator if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you for your time and participation. The Hbc Run for Canada is very grateful for your support!