Water Station Attendants
Assist with the preparation and distribution of water and athletic drink for all participants as they run/walk along the course. You will also assist with the set up, tear-down and clean up of your station.
- On event day at 6:30am, make your way to your water station location where you will be met by your Team Captain
- Sign in with your Team Captain and then they will give you a volunteer shirt. You must sign the attendance sheet in order to be eligible for the 2008 Contest
- Start to:
- Set-up tables (please set side-by-side, spacing at least 4 ft apart).
- Mix athletic drink into assigned coolers
- Place cups on tables
- Start to pour water and athletic drink into assigned cups with milk jugs or similar pouring utensils.
- As runners are approaching call out “WATER” or “SPORT DRINK” (based on what your are holding)
- Hold the cup between your thumb and pointer finger, or gently in the palm of your hand.
- Runner will reach for your cup; gently release into grip of runner
- Runner may also choose to grab a cup from the table (some will do so while continuing to run; some will stop and walk by to collect a drink)
- Please pick up another cup immediately.
- Continue to top up drinks on the tables and distribute until the last participant passes
Once the last participant is past please proceed to:
- Remove all cups from tables and throw in garbage bags
- Fold tables and place in one location.
- Collect all discarded cups and debris from the vicinity of your water station.
- Drain left over liquid into sewers or appropriate receptacle; if not available, please leave in coolers for collection.
- Place all coolers, garbage bags, extra materials beside folded tables.
- Course crew will collect all these items and return them to formation area.
- Then make your way to the formation area to enjoy the rest of the activities.
Please review the Hbc Run for Canada website to acquaint yourself with the event details: hbcrunforcanada.ca
Please call your Local Marketing Coordinator if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you for your time and participation. The Hbc Run for Canada is very grateful for your support!