When you fundraise for Canadian athletes through the
Hbc Run for Canada, our athletes win because you're helping them compete and succeed internationally. Every dollar brings the dreams of a nation closer to reality by making better coaching and equipment available to our athletes. Of course you win, too, knowing that your support helps Canada shine on the world stage. Remember, you could even WIN* a trip for 2 to see our athletes compete at the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games! There's no better way to help our athletes prepare for world competition. You'll feel so good knowing that you helped them get there!
Click here to check out our great fundraising incentives!
Once you register online, you'll be able to send email pledge invitations from your personal account, set a fundraising goal and track your progress with your personal fundraising thermometer tool. In addition, you can download a donation form that you can print out to collect pledges at work or around your neighbourhood.
Fundraising tools are available to anyone who registered online to fundraise whether you're participating on event day or not. Click here if you would like to fundraise but will not be registering as a participant or volunteer!
Download Donation Form. Requires Acrobat® Reader®.
Setting your fundraising goals
Set an ambitious goal and use the following tips and activities to help you fundraise. The more friends, family and colleagues you involve, the more you'll be helping Canada's future star athletes shine!
Fundraising Tips to Achieve Your Goals before July 1st
- Register for the Hbc Run for Canada as a participant.
- Set up your personal account information.
- Set a fundraising goal! Remember, if you raise a minimum of $200 in fundraising dollars you are eligible to receive your registration fee (excluding GST or HST and the processing fee) in an Hbc shopping dollars.
- Use the tools available in your personal account to send emails to friends, families and colleagues to encourage them to pledge, or join you on event day!
- Ask your employer to match any funds that you raise as their donation.
- Track your success in your personal account!
- Send a thank you email to all those who donate. Keep your generous supporters updated on your progress as event day approaches.
- After the event, send out an email with some photos, and an additional thank you for your donors' support.